We all know that working out benefits our health, but let’s talk about one of the other major benefits of exercise — a rockin’ hot bod! We’ve started to take notice that strong is not only beautiful, but sexy too. There’s a sense of accomplishment and confidence that comes from working out, and a certain joy that exudes from new-found muscle definition. Cardio activity is great for overall health, but if you want to improve the tone of your legs and arms, there are specific exercises you can do to blast away leg and arm flab. Bring sexy back with the seven exercises below.
1. Plie-Curl Combo:
- Stand with your feet more than a shoulder-width apart, toes pointed out 45 degrees, a dumbbell in each hand, and arms by your sides, palms faced in.
- Squat, keeping knees behind toes. Maintain squat and do 2 hammer curls: Palms in, elbows by sides, bring weights to shoulders, then lower.
- Stand up to return to start position. Turn palms forward and do 2 bicep curls.
- Repeat these steps 20 times.
2. Rocket Squat:
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, a dumbbell in each hand, elbows bent by sides, hands in front of shoulders, palms in.
- Squat, keeping knees behind toes and abs engaged.
- Stand up while simultaneously turning palms forward, pressing arms straight overhead and lifting heels off floor. Lower to start position. Repeat 20 times.
3. Kneeling Pushup:
- Get on your knees and place your hands on the floor in line with your shoulders, your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Contracting your core, straighten your legs to form a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
- Keeping your elbows close to the side of your torso, bend your elbows to lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- Pause, and then push yourself to the starting position. Complete 20 reps.
4. Dumbbell Deadlift:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, and palms facing thighs.
- Keeping spine naturally straight, brace abs in tight and hinge forward from hips, reaching dumbbells towards feet until chest is about parallel to the floor (avoid going below shin level to prevent back from rounding). Engage glutes to raise torso back to starting position and repeat 20 times.
5. Dumbbell Side Lunge:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells with a neutral grip so that your palms are facing. Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart. Your arms should be fully extended with dumbbells resting in front of your thighs.
- Take a wide step to one side. When your outside foot contacts the ground, lower your body by pushing your hip back and bending the knee. Keep your inside leg straight and your foot firmly planted. Pause when your outside thigh is parallel with the ground, and then push back to starting position. Repeat 20 times (10 lunges for each leg).
6. Dumbbell Reverse Lunge:
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding dumbbells by sides.
- Take a wide step back with your left foot, lowering into a lunge by bending both knees about 90 degrees, keeping shoulders in line with hips and abs engaged. Return to starting position. Repeat, alternating sides for 20 reps total.
7. Reverse Dumbbell Diagonal Lunge:
- Stand tall and hold a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing inward. Chin should remain parallel to the ground.
- Take a large step backward at a 45-degree angle, while simultaneously lowering the rear knee to the ground. Bend the front knee at a 90-degree angle, bringing the thigh parallel to the ground. Press your rear foot into the ground and drive your knee back under your hips to return to the starting position. Repeat, alternating sides for 20 reps total.
Before you begin, you should start with five minutes of cardio to warm-up your muscles. Many of these exercises engage both your legs and arms in the same exercise, helping you make the most of your workout time. There are also some oldies, but goodies. Push-ups, lunges, and squats are still extremely effective. Several of these exercises require weights, but don’t let that stop you. If you don’t belong to a gym, you can purchase a set for about $10. To get your legs and arms strong and sexy, start this workout today!
Our mission at AndsTrim is to provide our customers with the highest quality of all natural supplements, all at affordable prices. We stock only the finest and most effective supplements to assist you in reaching your weight loss goals and overall well-being.